(SUHSD) Raising a Resilient (Distance) Learner
Time & Location
About the Event
The Resilient Learner is a holistic model that describes eight key domains or "columns" to help students thrive:
1. Autonomous skills inside the "classroom"
2. Autonomous skills outside the "classroom"
3. A growth mindset
4. A sense of belonging
5. Academic resilience
6. A healthy relationship with technology
7. An understanding of the educational institution
8. Support for emotional/nutritional/financial/spiritual needs
This virtual webinar will help parents and educators understand how an integrated approach to student learning can help children and teens flourish, particularly in the time of COVID-19.
Adina Glickman, MSW, is the founding director of the Stanford Resilience Project for Stanford's Learning Strategy Programs, and co-founder of The Academic Resilience Consortium.
Parents, students, educators, and community members welcome! Free admission. Virtual Zoom session and Q&A will be video recorded.
Questions? Contact Charlene Margot, MA, Founder and Director, The Parent Education Series, at firstname.lastname@example.org