Healthy Adults for Healthy Kids: Modeling in the Time of COVID-19 (Spanish)
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a free webinar with Eduardo Torres, Supervising Field Officer and Senior Prevention Specialist at FCD Prevention Works, to discuss how healthy adult behavior can be a protective factor against risky teen choices.
How can you, as a caring adult, be a healthy role model during the current global health crisis? How do these skills also apply to substance misuse prevention?
Special prevention topics will include:
- How to model and encourage daily protective factors against teen substance use
- Resiliency tips that teens can apply now and later
- Making stress management a routine
- Teachable prevention moments within a family’s “new normal”
- The power of authenticity and effective parent-child communication
- A focus on adult self-care and its potential impact on teen health behavior
Parents, students, educators, and community members welcome! Free admission. Virtual Zoom session and Q&A will be video recorded.
Questions? Contact Charlene Margot, MA, Founder and Director, The Parent Education Series, at firstname.lastname@example.org