(SHS) Balancing Screen Time, Unplugged Time, and Well-Being
Time & Location
About the Event
In this virtual workshop, youth media expert Devorah Heitner, PhD, explores the social-emotional components of "screen time" vs. "unplugged time" during this unusual period in family life.
The webinar will cover the following questions/concerns:
- Setting up routines and spaces at home for distance learning
- How to help kids deal with anxiety during this time
- How to keep up with news without getting overwhelmed (and being cautious about what news sources kids are consuming)
- How can adults model healthy habits and boundaries while working from home
- How can social media help our kids keep in touch with friends?
- How can parents mentor kids on social media, texting and gaming
- What should the "screen time" rules be for both recreational and learning tech use
Devorah Heitner, PhD, is the author of Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World and founder of Raising Digital Natives.
Parents, students, educators, and community members welcome! Free admission. Virtual Zoom session and Q&A will be video recorded.
Questions? Contact Charlene Margot, MA, Founder and CEO, The Parent Education Series, at email@example.com